ELECTRONIC PALM CARD
Below is the official Dolphin Democrats Electronic Palm Card for the November 8, 2016 General Election.
Inspiration from the Democratic National Convention
“Fight Song,” produced by Elizabeth Banks, Bruce Cohen and Mike Thompkins, features actors, musicians and supporters singing their support for Hillary Clinton to Rachel Platten’s Fight Song. The a cappella video is inspired by the Pitch Perfect films, which are produced by Banks.
Click (HERE) to go to our Bylaws & Minutes Page for general meeting minutes.
These are the endorsements for the November 8, 2016 General Election from out September 14, 2016 meeting. This was also covered by SFGN in an article on September 19, 2016. Click (HERE) to see the article
The following candidates were unanimously endorsed by the club on Wednesday: Patrick Murphy, U.S. Senate, Alcee Hastings, U.S. Congress, Ted Deutch, U.S. Congress, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, U.S. Congress, Gary Farmer, Florida Senate, Ken Keechl, Florida House, Ivette Petkovitch, Florida House, Rick Stark, Florida House, Patricio Moreno, Florida House, Brenda Forman, Broward Clerk of Courts, Scott Israel, Broward Sheriff, Michael Udine, Broward Commission, Dale Holness, Broward Commission, Karen Jones, Coral Springs Commission, Linda Sherwood, Hollywood Commission, Eleanor Sobel, Hollywood Mayor, Ken Thurston, Lauderhill Commission, Samson Borgelin, North Lauderdale Commission, Ron Jacobs, Plantation Council, Chris Zimmerman, Plantation Council, Robert Levy, Plantation Council, Charlotte Burrie, Pompano Beach Commission, Rex Hardin, Pompano Beach Commission, Barry Moss, Pompano Beach Commission, Lamar Fisher, Pompano Beach Mayor, Freddy Fiskell, Southwest Ranches Commission, David Kuczenski, Southwest Ranches Commission, Hermes Garcia, Weston Commission, Jelani Anthony Harvey, Broward Soil and Water District and Fred Segal, Broward Soil and Water District.
Also at the meeting, the club heard from Democrats who were running against other Democrats in November’s election. After a vote by membership the following candidates were endorsed: Bill Harris, Dania Beach Commission, Alexander Lewy, Hallandale Beach Commission, August Mangeney, Margate Commission, Edward Decristofaro, Margate Commission, Renata Castro, Margate Commission, Scott Herman, Oakland Park Commission, Mitchell Stollberg-Appleyard, Oakland Park Commission, Mitch Rosenwald, Oakland Park Commission, Tim Lonergan, Oakland Park Mayor, Julie Fishman, Tamarac Commission, Julie Carson, Wilton Manors Commission, Tom Green, Wilton Manors Commission and Gary Resnick, Wilton Manors Mayor.
The Dolphin Democrats Deeply Grieve the Loss of our LGBTA Sisters and Brothers in Orlando
The Dolphin Democrats are deeply saddened by the tragic events at Pulse nightclub in Orlando . We will support, with our wounded hearts, those who have been lost and those who are suffering that loss as we work together for a better future. It is imperative for all LGBTA Americans to vote and give credence to those whose lives were lost. Though their voices may not be heard anymore in this life, their voices will be heard eternally for their unwilling life’s sacrifice, because they vigorously embraced their own sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. The Dolphin Democrats will work to elect Democrats who are champions of Equality, Inclusion, and who stand firmly against hatred, so that these unwilling heroes sacrifice of life will not be forgotten, and will not have been in vain. Voting for Democrats IS voting for Love.
On the 2 month anniversary of the Pulse massacre, Donald Trump and Marco Rubio came to Orlando to appear at a private “religious” conference with anti-gay zealots Mat Staver, David Lane and David Barton who are trying to orchestrate religious freedom bills and other anti-LGBT efforts across the state and country.
#Say Their Names
- Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22 years old
- Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22 years old
- Paul Terrell Henry, 41 years old
- Frank Hernandez, 27 years old
- Miguel Angel Honorato, 30 years old
- Javier Jorge-Reyes, 40 years old
- Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19 years old
- Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30 years old
- Anthony Luis Laureanodisla, 25 years old
- Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32 years old
- Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21 years old
- Brenda Lee Marquez McCool, 49 years old
- Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez, 25 years old
- Kimberly Morris, 37 years old
- Akyra Monet Murray, 18 years old
- Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20 years old
- Geraldo A. Ortiz-Jimenez, 25 years old
- Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36 years old
- Joel Rayon Paniagua, 32 years old
- Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35 years old
- Enrique L. Rios, Jr., 25 years old
- Jean C. Nives Rodriguez, 27 years old
- Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, 35 years old
- Christopher Joseph Sanfeliz, 24 years old
- Yilmary Rodriguez Solivan, 24 years old
- Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34 years old
- Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33 years old
- Martin Benitez Torres, 33 years old
- Jonathan Antonio Camuy Vega, 24 years old
- Juan P. Rivera Velazquez, 37 years old
- Luis S. Vielma, 22 years old
- Franky Jimmy Dejesus Velazquez, 50 years old
- Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37 years old
- Jerald Arthur Wright, 31 years old
“Our voices seek to instill awareness in the freedoms of a democratic society”. Educating future leaders and supporting the community at large. Maintain an ongoing rapport and increasing viability with political entities.”
“Further, it shall be the mission of this organization to foster good will between gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) members of the Democratic Party and the community at large. We seek individual freedom in the framework of a just society and political freedom in the framework of meaningful participation by all citizens.”
“Today is a day of pride and joy as is every Shabbat. I thought at one time that same sex marriage in the United States would never be achieved in our lifetime. Many toiled in the trenches to achieve equal rights for the LGBT community, so although we still have to fight for equality, much progress has been achieved.”
“You can’t have equality in one state and not another. Today is a historic milestone,”