Join Us at the January 2023 Membership Meeting
Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2022
Time: Check-in starts at 6:30pm – Meeting Starts at 7:00pm
Location: The Pride Center – 2040 N Dixie Hwy., Wilton Manors:
Guest Speakers: TBA
Official Notice: The Bylaws Committee and the Board of Directors have approved several changes to the bylaws to be reviewed, discussed and approved by the members at the January 11th Membership Meeting.
We are proposing to fix several grammatical and spelling errors, and the following changes:
- Article VI – Section 2: to reduce the number of directors from 11 to 7 due to the historical challenge to fill those positions. This change will bring the total number of board members to 11 (7 directors and 4 executive officers.)
- Article VI – Section 3: to expand the restriction of “2 or more members of a household, married couples or registered domestic partnership serving as Executive Board members” to apply to the entire Board of Directors.
- Article VIII – Section 4: to remove the requirement to have 2 signatories on a check as is no longer feasible or necessary since all expenses are approved by the Board and paid electronically.
- Article XII – Section 1: Added language to specify how campaign donations are made. This change will make this clause similar to the one in the FL LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus’ bylaws.
- Article XII – Section 3: Added language that clarifies endorsement process for municipalities that only have at-large seats like Oakland Park & Wilton Manors.
- Article XV – Section 1: Added the Justin Flippen Award
To read all the proposed changes, please follow this link: Dolphin Democrats Bylaw Amendments – January 2023 – REDLINE
Any discussions regarding the suggested Bylaw changes will only be done in person at the membership meeting. Please make sure to attend the January 11th meeting to be part of this discussion. You must be a 2023 member to be able to participate.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!