BOD Elections: We will be electing a President & Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and 3 Directors to the Board.
The Dolphin Democrats will be endorsing candidates to the March 14, 2023 Municipal Election. The endorsement meeting will take place at the Annual General Membership Meeting on Wednesday, February 8, 2023.
Candidates from Coconut Creek Commission Seats A & D have presented their questionnaire. You can ready the completed questionnaires HERE.
Only Dolphin Democrats members who have joined on or before January 10, 2023 will be eligible to vote on the endorsement. A candidate must get 2/3 of the votes to be able to win the endorsement.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected]
Join Us at the January 2023 Membership Meeting
Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2022
Time: Check-in starts at 6:30pm – Meeting Starts at 7:00pm
Location: The Pride Center – 2040 N Dixie Hwy., Wilton Manors:
Guest Speakers: TBA
Official Notice: The Bylaws Committee and the Board of Directors have approved several changes to the bylaws to be reviewed, discussed and approved by the members at the January 11th Membership Meeting.
We are proposing to fix several grammatical and spelling errors, and the following changes:
To read all the proposed changes, please follow this link: Dolphin Democrats Bylaw Amendments – January 2023 – REDLINE
Any discussions regarding the suggested Bylaw changes will only be done in person at the membership meeting. Please make sure to attend the January 11th meeting to be part of this discussion. You must be a 2023 member to be able to participate.
We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!
The Dolphin Democrats will be holding a Board of Directors election at the Annual Membership Meeting on Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 7:00pm
Seats Up For Election (2 year term):
Executive Officers (Current officers are termed-out):
Who Can Run For Office?
Any registered Democrat living in Broward County who has renewed or joined the Dolphin Dems as a voting member no later than December 30, 2022
How Can I Participate?
Please email our Nominating Committee: Adrianna Tender, Mark McKenzie & Jose Cedeno at [email protected] to submit your nomination. Please attach a brief bio with a headshot photo.
Any qualified member interested in running for any of the open seats and would like to be on the ballot, must submit their nomination no later than Friday, January 27, 2023. Floor nominations (write-ins) will be accepted from the floor the day of the meeting.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS:
– Shall preside at all meetings of the organization and Board of Directors.
– Shall be a member ex officio of all committees (except the Nominating and Elections Committee and the Audit Committee).
– Shall appoint the Chairs and members of all standing and special committees (except as provided in these bylaws).
– The President, or the President’s designee from among the Board members, shall represent the organization at county, district, state, and national meetings and functions and shall act as spokesperson for the organization.
– The President shall serve as chief executive and administrative officer and shall provide guidance to the committee Chairs.
– The Vice President shall assist the President in the discharge of the President’s duties and shall assume that office in the absence, or inability to serve, of the President.
– The Vice President shall serve as Co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
– Is the recording officer of the Board and general membership meetings and is custodian of all records of the organization like the minutes of all meetings, committee reports, the official membership roll, lists of committees and their members, bylaws, special rules of order, and standing rules.
– Shall issue the call of meetings, prepare an order of business for the presiding officer, and in the absence of the President or Vice President shall call a meeting to order, until a Chair pro temp is elected.
– Shall be the custodian of all funds of the organization
– Shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures
– Shall present a statement of all income, expenditures, accounts payable, and income receivable, in a format acceptable to the Board, at each meeting, occurring since the previous meeting
– Shall make such interim reports as directed by the Board or organization, and shall prepare and present an annual statement of expenses and receipts.
– Shall present a written summary financial report, including cash balance on hand less outstanding obligations, at each regular general membership meeting, and shall have the detail available for member review.
– The Treasurer shall chair the Finance Committee.
– Directors shall provide top level oversight and strategic direction to the organization. They also serve to advise and consult with the President.
– Every member of the Board of Directors shall actively serve on a committee.
To renew or join please follow this LINK
Join the Board of Directors and help us make a difference in our community!
It’s that time of the year. Be part of one of the most active Democratic Caucuses in South Florida. Renew your membership or join us.
You can pay the membership dues HERE
Here is some important membership information as posted in the bylaws:
ARTICLE IV. MEMBERSHIP.
Section 1. Types of Membership, Eligibility for Membership, and Associate Membership.
a. Any Democrat registered to vote in Broward County shall be eligible for full membership with
all the rights and responsibilities of members.
b. Membership will become immediately effective upon the payment of dues and verification of
affiliation with the Democratic Party (either through presentation of a current voter
registration card or confirmation of party registration.)
c. Associate members may participate in the activities of the organization, may be appointed to
committees, attend meetings and speak at meetings with the permission of the President or
the Presiding Officer, but shall not make motions, vote, nor hold office. The following are
eligible for associate membership:
i. Other Democrats, from outside the geographic area;
ii. Democrats, from within the geographic area, who anticipate or experience limited
participation in the organization;
iii. Individuals who reside for all or part of the year in the geographic area and who are
not eligible to register to vote, and others who wish to identify with the Democratic
iv. NPA registered voters or businesses who wish to associate with the organization.
Section 2. Dues.
The organization, by vote of the Board, shall determine the annual dues of each category of
membership or affiliation. Dues are payable upon joining and, thereafter, in advance on or
before December 31st of each year. On January 31st, of each year the Membership Committee
shall notify members who are thirty (30) days in arrears. Those renewing members whose dues
are not paid within 30 days thereafter shall be automatically placed in inactive status and shall
not be considered members. The voting privileges of those members in arrears will be
suspended until dues are paid. Dues paid shall entitle one to membership in the organization
(as either a member or associate member).
Section 3. Resignation from Membership.
Members desiring to resign from the organization shall submit written notice to the
Secretary or President.
Section 4. Membership Term
Membership is on an annual, calendar year basis from January 1
st through December 31st. All memberships paid in September will be considered for the following year’s
membership, giving 3 months free extra.
The Dolphin Democrats Campaign & Election Committee, the Board or Directors and members have endorsed and recommended the following candidates for the Tuesday, November 8, 2022 General Election.
BROWARD COUNTY MUNICIPALITIES
BROWARD COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD
BROWARD COUNTY CHARTER QUESTIONS
Here is a printable version of all our endorsements and recommendations: 2022 General Election_ Endorsements Recommendations
Wednesday, October 12, 2022
Meeting Starts: 7:00pm
The Pride Center
2040 N. Dixie Hwy., Wilton Manors
GOTV Plan Presentation
U.S. Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Harold Pryor: Broward County State Attorney
Criminal justice and State Attorney Office updates
Who is Response for the high rents in South Florida?
Pizza will be served
We look forward to seeing you there.
The members of the Dolphin Democrats endorsed and recommended the following candidates running for office on November 8th. We would like to thank all the candidates who participated in the process, our members who attended the endorsement meetings, the Board of Directors and the Campaign & Elections committee for their hard work.
Congratulations to all the endorsed and recommended candidates. We look forward to support these pro-equality candidates in the November 8th election. Please stay tuned for volunteer opportunities to help getting out the vote.
Tina Polsky for State Senate District 19
Hillary Cassel for State House District 101
Robin Bartleman for State House District 104
Jeremy Katzman for Cooper City Commission District 1
Luis Rimoli for Dania Beach Commission At-Large
Ken Keechl for Ft. Lauderdale Commission District 1
Yvette DuBose for Ft. Lauderdale Commission District 3
Kevin Biederman for Hollywood Commission District 5
Joanne Simone for Margate Commission District Seat 5
Tim Lonergan for Oakland Park Commission At-Large
Letitia Newbold for Oakland Park Commission At-Large
Nick Sortal for Plantation Mayor
Denise Horland for Plantation Council Group 2
Louis Reinstein for Plantation Council Group 5
Barry Moss for Pompano Beach Commission District 5
Jacqueline Guzman for Sunrise Commission Seat D
Mike Gelin for Tamarac Mayor
Alexandra Alvarez for Tamarac Commission District 2
Carol Mendelson for Tamarac Commission District 4
Scott Newton for Wilton Manors Mayor
Paul Rolli for Wilton Manors Commissioner
Steven Julian for School Board District 8
Gary Farmer for Circuit Judge Group 23
Tamar Hamilton for Circuit Judge Group 21
Suzette O. Hyde for County Judge Group 15
We will have our full list of endorsements that will be emailed to all our members in the next few dates. Please make sure you have a plan to vote. You can vote-by-mail, voter early or vote on election day.
✅ Make plans to join us for our September Membership Meeting! During this meeting we will be endorsing candidates on the November ballot for:
🗳️ State House & State Senate
🗳️ Cooper City Commission
🗳️ Oakland Park City Commission
🗳️ Sunrise City Commission
🗓️ Join us: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
• Check-in Starts: 6:30pm
• Meeting Starts: 7:00pm
🏳️🌈 The Pride Center
2040 N Dixie Hwy
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Check-in Starts: 6:30pm
Meeting Starts: 7:00pm
The Pride Center
2040 N. Dixie Hwy., Wilton Manors
We will be endorsing candidates running for office in:
Click HERE to read the completed candidate questionnaires
We look forward to seeing you there.